Music: “Lakes” – Greta Stanley [DOWNLOAD HERE]
Video & Editing: Olivia Buzolich
Music: “Lakes” – Greta Stanley [DOWNLOAD HERE]
Video & Editing: Olivia Buzolich
It’s December 1, aka officially Christmas time! Leave it to Brogan, our photographer/resident DIY specialist, to create the coolest Christmas tree we’ve ever seen. Her unique hanging tree made of driftwood and twine is beachy, beautiful, and best of all– SO affordable and fun to make. Read on to see how she did it so you can step up your Christmas game this year and make your own.
What you’ll need:
1. COLLECT YOUR DRIFTWOOD. Go to a beach with plenty of driftwood and collect a variety of shapes, sizes, and colours. This can be the tricky step as most beaches are cleaned up and stripped of all of their awesome driftwood (I found mine in Mackay).
2. LAY OUT YOUR TREE. Once you have your collection of driftwood, it’s time to lay out your tree on the ground. Arrange the sticks by size so that they form the shape of a tree (longest at the bottom, shortest at the top). The number of pieces/rows will depend on how tall you want your tree to be (I used 13). There are many different ways you can create a tree – so remember there’s no set look.
3. HAMMER. Hammer your nail into the wall where you want the top of the tree to hang from. Tip: If you’re using fairy lights, you’ll want to choose a wall where there is access to a power outlet nearby to plug them in.
4. CUT & TIE YOUR STRING. Now that all your driftwood is laid out, cut 4 LONG pieces of twine (about 5 meters each). The lengths of these pieces will determine how many rows of driftwood you can fit on your tree, so it’s best to over-estimate to be safe. Once you cut all four pieces, line up the ends of the string and tie them together in a super tight triple-knot. Once you have your sturdy knot, place it on top of the hook part of your nail. Divide the strings so that two are hanging down from each side of the hook. This is now the point of your tree!
5. WRAPPING & KNOTTING. Once you have the point of your tree, start to attach each piece of wood, working from the shortest to the longest. Take the strings that you divided and wrap them twice around the ends of each piece of wood (the left strings on the left end, the right strings on the right end). Make sure that they are hanging straight and not lopsided, and then tie a double-knot on each side to secure. Side note: I did this by myself, but this step would’ve been a lot easier if I had someone to help me. I ended up kind of balancing the wood on my head while I tied… it can be done but it’s a bit awkward.
6. REPEAT. When you’ve finished knotting and wrapping the first piece of wood, repeat the process for each new row. Try to make the gaps between the rows as even as possible.
7. DECORATING. And wallah!!… it’s now time to decorate with fairy lights, stars, spray painted pine cones & all the Christmas goodies you can get your hands on!! I got my fairy lights from Ikea.
P.S. If you’re still feeling a little lost, have a squiz on Pinterest at the endless possibilities of driftwood Christmas trees: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/driftwood-christmas-tree/
Summer is here and so is the new Polly the Label collection! Introducing “Love Letters in the Sand”
Well the wait is over, Nov 21 is here, JLaw is on our minds! We need some serious arena action with our fave contestants Katniss and Peeta! What’s even more exciting is the radical song for Mockingjay Part 1 from Lorde. Yellow Flicker Beat is sexy, moody and dark, in the best way possible! Check out that amaze red pant suit action, this lady never disappoints.
Hanging that favourite print on the wall sounds like an easy task, all those Pinterest pics of “so hot right now” apartment walls seems so simple! Here we are with our little A4 print hanging all alone near a plant too far away, left felling a little underwhelmed with the end result. Don’t worry baby, we got you covered!
Once you have your artwork all framed lay them out on the floor how you think you would like them to work together on your wall. Make sure you pic the best frames that match each print perfectly. You don’t need to have them all matching to have a hot wall.
Take some scrap paper and trace around the edge of each frame, from here you want to cut out each frame size.
Using adhesive such a Glu Tac, start placing your most centered frame on the wall. Once you are happy, start placing the other frame sizes around your main artwork. Keep checking that you like the spacing.
Now is the time to get your hooks on! Depending what kind of hook you are using (nail or removable) you can measure the appropriate distance using your patterns on the wall for the best results.
Hang those bad boys! Take a step back and admire that killer wall you have going on!
We all dream of taking life a little less seriously and Mad Love is here to make that happen. Inspired by the endless day dreaming, yearning for adventure! The playfulness of youth and that first crush, we welcome MAD LOVE to our Polly Edit….
Where life is one big festival and your clothes are the music.
We love Bali because it is not only a beautiful holiday destination, but it also has amazing shopping, food and spectacular sites to see! Bali is great for relaxing at a number of great beach clubs, but it’s also fun to be walking around the streets in the hustle and bustle. Bali is constantly being developed; every time we visit there are new shops and restaurants. So each time you go you will most definitely experience something new.
You can visit Bali and experience a different side to Bali every time. You can have a family holiday, relaxation and yoga holidays, a romantic holiday, or even just a girl’s trip away! The type of holiday you want to have is really up to you, and you can make each trip unique and different from the last!
We would recommend staying in Seminyak. Seminyak is probably the best all round place to stay as it is close to everything. Seminyak has the best shopping and delicious food; it also has the best nightlife! There are plenty of villas in Seminyak that would be appropriate to stay at, it really just depends on your price range. If you want a quieter escape we would recommend staying at Bingin, this is where the amazing beaches with white sand and crystal clear waters are. Bingin is the perfect place to relax with massages on the beach and beachfront accommodation. We would recommend staying at The MU Hotel, it is a cliff top hotel overlooking the beautiful beach.
There are a number of sites and activities to see in Bali, which is why you have to keep going back. A fantastic day trip is the Atung Adventure Park, this is where the white water rafting, elephant riding and Pod Chocolate factory are located. The white water rafting is an amazing experience and is truly breathtaking, not only is the rafting fun but the river runs through a gorge filled with traditional carvings of Romeo and Juliet. Elephant riding speaks for itself, it is very fun and the elephants are very playful… (Be warned they spray you with water). The Pod chocolate factory is a truly unique experience. You can choose to take the tour and learn how the chocolate is made, not only can you eat the delicious chocolate they have on offer but you can also make your own chocolate! (Must try the chocolate shots) Be sure to visit the cute Honey Bear whilst your there as well.
Another must see while your in Bali, is Jimbaran Bay. This is a fantastic spot to have a seafood dinner on the beach and watch the sunset. Not only is the food exceptional but also you get to choose the fish and crabs you want to eat!
If you’re looking for a day trip escape, Finns Beach Club is the place to go. Finns Beach club is hidden away at the bottom of a sheer cliff face, only accessible by an inclinator that will carry you down safely. The private white sandy beach with turquoise water from the Indian Ocean is the perfect backdrop for photo opportunities. Laze the day away with the cool tunes and excellent service. There is also Kayaking, Stand up Paddle Boarding and snorkeling available.
We have been frothing so hard at the arrival of the new Benah X Karen Walker collection – The League! If you have no idea what we are talking about then you are about to start a new obsession. This time round Benah X KW have done our fave shapes in two tones, a lovely update from the previous range. So treat those eyes of your and let your hearty swell with love…